You might have felt a strain on your eyes many times while using your mobile phones; this happens because the phone screens emit a blue light when on, which isn’t good at all for eye vision; consequently, users feel eye strain.
Such a situation is more common in users who interact with mobile screens more often. Therefore, you might need to implement a few precautionary measures before the problem worsens; turning on the dark mode is worth mentioning in this regard.
Given this critical concern, many applications have integrated the dark mode feature in their latest versions so that the users can use such apps conveniently for more extended periods. Still, you may often need to manually turn on this feature.
In this connection, here we intend to elaborate on the ways you can adopt to enable the dark mode on your Snapchat app.
Does Snapchat have a dark mode?
The very first question that may hit many minds is whether the Snapchat application supports the dark mode feature or not, so the answer is yes! Snapchat offers the dark mode feature but is limited only to its iOS version, which means the Snapchat dark mode is currently unavailable for Android users.
How to turn on dark mode on Snapchat IOS version?
Turning on the Snapchat’s dark mode on an IOS device is a piece of cake as you don’t require to go through any complex steps; it can quickly be done via Snapchat “App Appearance” settings, and if you don’t know how to get App Appearance on Snapchat, here is the way given how can you do it in a few basic steps.
- In the first place, launch the Snapchat app installed on your iPhone (or any other Apple device) and open your Snapchat profile by tapping on the user’s Bitmoji located in the top left corner.
- Then, access the Snapchat settings by selecting the gear icon located at the top right corner of the screen.
- In the Snapchat Settings menu, tap on the option App Appearance.
- In the App Appearance screen, select the Dark Mode option to turn on the Snapchat dark mode.
Note: You can also opt for the Match System option; this will enable your Snapchat application to change its appearance with respect to your Phone’s settings (light or dark mode). For instance, if your Phone displays light mode, then Snapchat will also be in light mode.
How to get Dark mode on Snapchat Android version?
As you have noticed, the dark mode Snapchat offers on iOS is pretty easy to turn on, but it might be a bit trickier to get dark mode on Snapchat Android version, so below few approaches are given that illustrate how to put Snapchat on dark mode if you’re an Android user.
Turn on Snapchat Dark Mode via Display Settings of your Android Phone
As you already know, the Snapchat dark Mode Android supported feature has not been officially introduced by Snapchat developers, but still, there are a few smart tricks that can be helpful in doing so, such as simply turning on the dark mode of your Android Phone may automatically change Snapchat to dark mode. For this, what you need to do is:
- Navigate to the Settings of your Android Phone at first.
- Here open the display settings by simply tapping on the Display option.
- You can easily see a Dark mode or dark theme option in Display settings, so enable it by tapping on the toggle button present next to the Dark Mode option.
- Now you can launch the Snapchat application to see whether the Phone settings have also changed the Snapchat’s appearance or not.
Note: This tactic may not be effective for all users as it doesn’t work on all Android models.
How to change Snapchat to dark mode using Developer Options?
Although the dark mode on Snapchat is not available in case of Android phones still, there are the ways that can activate dark mode on all installed apps, including the Snapchat application also, and all this is possible by accessing the advanced settings of your Android device that would be available in the Developer Options.
Basically, the Android “Developer Options” feature allows the users to configure device settings by eradicating the possible bugs. So, you can follow the below-stated steps to force the dark mode on Snapchat.
- Open the Android phone settings and navigate to the About Phone option.
- In the About Phone screen, choose the option Software Information; here, you’d need to tap on the Built Number option about six to seven times.
- Now you will get promoted to a popup screen notifying you that now the Developer Options are successfully enabled on your phone.
- Now exit this popup by hitting on the back key, followed by the opening of the Developer Options.
- Then enable the dark mode by simply tapping on the toggle button present next to the Force Dark Mode option in the Developer Options. (This step will enable the Dark Mode on all applications installed on your Android device).
- You can now launch the Snapchat app to check its enabled dark mode.
How to make Snapchat dark mode using an older Snapchat version?
The “Developer Options” is an excellent Android feature to reconfigure the device settings, but the above-stated tactic may not work on an updated Snapchat version. Then in such a case, you might need to revert to an older Snapchat version in order to enable the dark theme on your Snapchat application.
So, in this regard, it is suggested to use either 10.72.0.0 or a below version of Snapchat, and you can easily download the older Snapchat version’s APK file on your phone via a third-party source. For this:
- In the first place, you need to uninstall the existing Snapchat application on your Android device and then install the older APK version of Snapchat from a reliable source.
- Once the older Snapchat version gets installed on your Android phone, now you can easily follow the method stated earlier to enable the Force Dark Mode on Snapchat.
(Note that the older Snapchat version would be missing some features you might have been using in the updated version, such as the maps.)
How to change to dark mode on Snapchat using a third-party app?
If you have tried out all the ways stated earlier but still can’t enable the dark mode on your Snapchat Android app, then you need to use a third-party application that can significantly assist you in this regard. But note that you’d be required to use the third-party app with rooted privileges in an attempt to turn on Snapchat dark Mode. (Although we have mentioned this as the last option for the Android Snapchat users, but still this approach is not the recommended one.)
To implement this tactic, what you would have to do is:
- Download & install the Preferences Manager application from the Android Play Store but on a rooted Android device.
- Now you need to open the Preferences Manager app and procced on by selecting the Snapchat option available on the home screen.
- Then, open the APP_START_EXPERIMENT_PREFS.xml and search for the Dark_Mode flag and enable it.
- Afterward, you can open your Snapchat application to see the result of this implemented tactic, and hopefully, your Snapchat Android app will now get launched in the Dark Mode.
Note: Preferences Manager is merely the suggested third-party app; however, you can easily find out many other third-party applications on the App Store that perform a similar function, and Swift Black, Swift Installer, Swift Dark, Hex Installer & Substratum are worth mentioning in this connection.
Do you want to use Snapchat in the dark theme? But not familiar with how to turn your Snapchat to dark mode. This can be frustrating to find no dark mode option on Snapchat for many users, especially Android users, because the Snapchat IOS app version offers the App Appearance feature to turn on the dark mode conveniently.
Therefore, to rule out such limitations associated with Android phone Snapchat apps, in this article, we have put forward the best ways & tactics on how to get dark mode on Snapchat without App Appearance option on Android devices.
Surprisingly, the Snapchat dark mode can still be enabled on Android devices in many ways, such as you can use the Developer Options feature or any third-party app to force the dark mode on all applications instantly.