Twitch, one of our most popular online streaming platforms, which we all use somehow every day for our binge-watching, is also prone to errors, disturbing our gameplays and video streaming experiences.
Short of Twitch… it’s a decade-old (Twitch founded in 2011), entertaining more than 15 million daily active users, Twitch does not feature only video games, but it has expanded its services, including music, artwork, TV shows, and some others.
Although Twitch is known to be a solid platform with easy UI and great content, it is not free from issues that arise, not often, at some instances.
So, here I am, with another addition to my troubleshooting series in which I am going to tackle the Twitch black screen issue.
How To Fix Twitch Black Screen Issue?
Want to refresh your streaming partner before performing any troubleshooting/s?
Simply restart your computer; maybe you don’t need to perform any of these recommended fixes; restarting the system will remove any corrupt temporary data and entirely refresh the operating system.
You must be thinking why this error occurs? There are a couple of factors ranging from…
- A non-working DNS (Twitch requires a particular DNS to run.),
- There’s something wrong with the Twitch server,
- Your Chrome browser’s cache and/or cookies might be broken or corrupted.
- Hardware acceleration may be in conflict with an application or service.
- Your IP address may cause a network issue.
Fortunately, there are ways to fix Twitch stream black screen; not all of the fixes are right for you, so go through the steps of one method first and check if it fixes the error. If not, move on to the next.
Method 1. Turn Hardware Acceleration off
If you watch Twitch on Google Chrome, then simply disable Use hardware acceleration when available option; to do that…
- Open Google Chrome → Menu.
- Menu → Settings → Advanced.
- Now, toggle. Use hardware acceleration when the available option off.
- Click the Relaunch button to finish.
Method 2. Set a custom DNS
It’s quite simple…
- Open Windows Run by holding down Windows+R keys.
- Type Control Panel → OK.
- Once in the Control Panel, go to Network and Internet → Network and Sharing Center.
- Now, click Change adapter settings → Right-click the network device → Properties.
- Here, select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) → Properties.
- Tick the Use the following DNS server address, and enter these addresses:
- Preferred DNS server – 220.127.116.11
- Alternate DNS server – 18.104.22.168
- Click OK to save settings.
- Restart your PC to proceed.
Method 3. Turn On The TLS (Transport Layer Security) Feature
The TLS (Transport Layer Security) is an essential browser feature that safeguards your private information like your login and payment details on your browser. If this feature is disabled, turn it back on to protect your data and allow live streaming on Twitch. Follow these steps to turn on the TLS feature:
- Open the Windows menu and type RUN in the search bar. Click open RUN, type control in the dialogue box, and enter.
- Once the Windows Control Panel tab opens, find and select the Network and Internet option.
- Find and select Internet Options and open the Advanced tab.
- Select all options related to the TLS feature in the Internet Properties window.
- Once done, click on apply and OK to save the changes
Method 4. Reset your Network Configuration
- Open Run – Windows+R keys
- Type in CMD and hold down Shift+Ctrl+Enter keys – to open the Command with administrative privileges.
- Now, enter ipconfig /flushdns command → Enter – to execute it.
- Then, type in the ipconfig /renew Command → Enter – to execute it.
- Finally, restart your PC end.
Method 5: Turn Off Ad-Blockers
You might have an extension that blocks ads from loading on websites. Most antivirus programs come with an ad-blocker. Ad-block software and extensions can get in the way of the media player on the Twitch website. Most of the ads are unskippable and appear whenever any viewer joins a Twitch live stream for the first time.
- To fix the “Twitch Black Screen” Error, follow the steps below:
- Remove ad-block extensions from your browsers and disable the ad-block feature of your antivirus program.
- Relaunch and re-login and then join a stream and check if the issue persists. If it continues, try the following method of fixing the “Twitch Black Screen” Error.
Method 6: Delete The Saved Browser Cache
Having a full browser cache memory storage can be a hurdle in launching any website. We highly recommend you delete your browser’s cache to ensure that all websites, including Twitch, launch properly. Follow the steps below to delete your chrome browser’s saved cache:
- Launch Chrome on your PC. Find the three vertical dots icon in the browser’s top-right corner and select it.
- From the drop-down menu, select Settings.
- Once the Settings tab opens, find the Privacy and Security section in the left side menu and click it open.
- Now click on Clear Browsing Data.
- Tick the boxes of all three options, change the time range to All Time and hit Clear Data.
- Wait for a few seconds while your Chrome’s cache gets deleted.
- Once done, exit Chrome, relaunch it and check if the error persists. .
New to Twitch? Here are some FAQs for thoughts…
FAQ: What are the most popular games streamed on Twitch?
Currently, all the known games, including Fortnite, Dota 2, PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds, Hearthstone, League of Legends, Overwatch, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, and many other popular ones, can be played on Twitch.
FAQ: What platforms Twitch supports?
Due to its growing popularity, the platform is supported on many platforms, like mobile devices (iOS and Android), Xbox 360, and Xbox One, and Playstation 3 and 4. Still, Mac and Linux are also in the list but Windows-based PCs.
FAQ: Is Twitch receiving timely updates?
Yes, Twitch continuously updates the platform – to add new features, and improve the quality of life for both streamers and viewers. In 2014, Twitch introduced an updated archive system too that lets users access multi-platform accessibility to stream highlights, increased server backups, and better video quality.
Do you have any other workaround to Fix Twitch Black Screen?
Yes… all your hands-on fixes are highly appreciated!
- 6 Essential Things You Need for a Good Gaming Setup
- How to Fix Pending Transaction Steam Error?
- How To Fix Discord Not Updating
- How To Fix Shadowplay Not Recording
- How to Resolve Call of Duty Dev Error 6065
- How to Disable Logitech Download Assistant Startup
- How to Fix Nintendo Switch Dock not Working
- How to Troubleshoot Hulu Error 94
- HitFilm Express 15.1 Review
- How to Fix Pending Transaction Steam Error?