Whether you are an Android or iOS user, you might have encountered a low-speed issue in both cases that seem quite frustrating; although many people associate this issue to Android phones only but this is equally common in iOS devices too. In this entire discussion, we will elaborate on the relative issue with IOS devices only, so here the question may arise what causes iPhone speed fall primarily?
Cause of iPhone’s low performance
Many iPhone users presume this sort of performance degrades in their mobile devices as a result of outdated software or model, but that is not a reasonable cause.
You may already be familiar with the term “cache & cookies” as most of us spend maximum time in internet browsing. When we access a particular site for the first time, the device browser saves some related information in its cache storage so that the stored data can be retrieved more quickly on your next attempt to access the same website.
Actually, such a process of saving cache data is supposed to improve the user experience by speeding up the browsing process. But this cached data your IOS devices stores often impacts the performance badly and subsequently slows down its operating speed because it also consumes a lot of device Ram.
So, in order to improve the phone’s speed and performance, you don’t need to upgrade your phone; instead, you might require to clear out the cache and cookies stored on your iPhone to free up the unnecessarily occupied space.
To do so, you must need to be familiar with how to clear cookies on iPhone, but this seems quite problematic for many iPhone users as they often have the least knowledge on iPhone clear cookies or cache processes.
How to clear iPhone cookies & cache?
When it comes to clearing the cookies or cached data on your iPhones, the iOS or iPhone devices suggests various ways in this regard: some of the quick and effective methods have been demonstrated here to assist you in getting rid of the encountered issue, you can either opt for the most appropriate one or go for trying out all of the enlisted for more good results.
Clear the cache data of Safari Browser
Although there might be many other ways by which cache & cookies can occupy your iPhone’s storage. Still, the browser is considered the most significant source in this connection because of its excessive usage. The iPhone users usually access dozens of websites using Safari browser, and each time few cookies get stored in device cache memory.
So, you’d need to clear out this cached data of the Safari browser manually through your phone’s settings. For this:
- Open the settings of your respective device (iPhone, iPad, or iPod).
- Navigate to the Safari browser in the settings menu and tap on it.
- In Safari browser’s settings, scroll down to locate & select the “Clear History and website data” option.
- Then, you need to tap on the option “Clear history and data” to confirm the clearing process.
Clear the cache data of Chrome Browser
It is a fact that Safari is the most popular browser for iPhone users, but it won’t be wrong to say that Chrome is the second most frequently used browser in iPhone users’ community. So, you may be required to clear the cache data stored by the Chrome browser also. To do so:
- Launch the Chrome browser on your iPhone.
- Click on the three-dotted icon in the top right corner and select the Settings option.
- In the Chrome Settings menu, scroll down and click on the option “Advanced.”
- In advanced Chrome settings, navigate to the Privacy tab.
- Now, select the option Clear browsing data.
- Here, choose the specific time range in the displayed menu.
- Checkmark the Cookies, Site Data, Cache images, and files and proceed on by clicking on the button Clear Browsing Data located at the bottom.
Clear cached data of Installed Apps
The one other considerable cause of affected iPhone performance is the cache data stored by apps installed on your iPhone storage. Because if we peep over this factor more closely, we can see that the apps we use on a frequent basis contribute significantly to occupying the device RAM due to the associated cache data.
Although some apps come with a built-in feature to clear the cookies & cache data, but this isn’t the case with every application you install. So, in adverse circumstances, there is no particular manual way to clear the apps’ stored cookies or cache, unfortunately.
Therefore, reinstallation of the apps is the only option you can opt for tackling the cache-oriented issue on your iPhone. Note that this reinstallation will wipe out all of the saved data, i.e., files, passwords, settings, etc., associated with the particular app, and you would be required to login to your accounts again upon reinstallation.
Here, the whole reinstallation method is explained step by step; you need to follow the stated process precisely.
- At first, launch the settings in your iPhone, and here, select the “General” option by tapping on it.
- In the General settings, locate the option “Storage & iCloud Usage” and select it.
- In the storage & iCloud usage menu, scroll down and tap on the option “Manage Storage.”
- Here you’d be able to see a list of all the apps with the memory information occupied by each app.
- Now, identify the apps that are occupying more storage, select the particular apps and proceed on by choosing the Delete App option in each app individually. (You can practice out the same procedure for all apps that show more occupied memory)
- Afterward, open the App Store on your device and reinstall all the apps you have deleted just recently.
We have also found the many users’ queries on how to clear Facebook cache on iPhone; basically, Facebook is one of those apps that comes with a built-in feature to clear space occupied by photos & videos cache data; therefore, you can use this built-in option more feasibly instead of going through the reinstallation process.
Clear the cached data using a third-party application
The manual ways to clear iPhone cookies are pretty efficient, but as we have explained in case of some installed apps, you can’t perform this process of removing the cookies manually. So, you can go for third-party applications for such kind of situation.
Many reliable third-party software or apps are available online that can be used conveniently to remove unnecessary files from your iPhone storage. But to execute such a process, you need to have a working desktop as it will act as a gateway in the entire procedure.
Actually, these file removing apps are downloaded either on your windows or MAC-operated PC, then you need to establish a connection between your iPhone and the desktop to initiate the fixing way.
Note that the third-party apps for removing cookies & cache varies with operating system your computer runs. Therefore, here we have suggested such apps for both MAC & windows operated system separately. In the below-stated piece of information, you can get detailed explanation for each case.
Clear the cached data with Cisdem iPhone cleaner software. (Mac supported devices)
Cisdem iPhone cleaner is one of the best third-party cleaner apps to remove unnecessary & junk files from iPhone; this cleaner app is explicitly designed to be downloaded on MAC-supported devices. Here is the way that illustrates how can you use this app effectively to get rid of your particular problem.
- In the first place, you need to download & install the Cisdem iPhone software on your MAC-operated computer system.
- After its successful installation, simply connect your iPhone or any IOS device to the respective MAC-operated desktop device using a USB cable.
- Upon connection, you will get a prompted confirmation message on your iPhone stating, “Trust this computer?”, here, tap on the “Trust” option.
- Now, launch the Cisdem iPhone cleaner app on your desktop and wait for a while until your device gets synchronized with the application. (The synchronization process can be verified by the icon showing “connected”)
- Select the App cleaner option below the Device Manager in your Cisdem iPhone cleaner app after the connection is established successfully.
- Then click on the Scan button, the cleaner application will automatically explore all the redundant documents & data, the app’s cache, cookies, and junk files stored on your iPhone.
- You will get an option to remove all these files instantly. (If you don’t want to remove all the displayed files, you can proceed by unchecking a few of them.)
- Although the software is meant to clear the junk files but if this process doesn’t satisfy your needs, you can also go for the option to delete larger-sized files. The software will automatically detect all the large-sized files located in your device.
Clear the cached data with iFreeUp software. (Windows supported devices)
iFreeUp is another iPhone cleaner app similar to Cisdem iPhone cleaner, but it is designed to work with Windows-supported devices. It is quite a handy application as it will not only clear the unrequired files of your iPhone, but it comes with an additional built-in feature, “File Manager,” that will also allow you to import & export files between PC & iPhone.
To clear the cached data of your iPhone with the iFreeUp app, what you need to do is:
- Download & install the iFreeUp cleaner app on your Windows-supported desktop.
- Launch the app after its successful installation and instantly tap on the “Trust” option, which you will get on your iPhone along with a confirmation message.
- Once your iPhone gets connected to the PC successfully, click on the Scan option.
- After the completion of the Scanning process, click on the Clean button to initiate the cleaning.
Clear the cached data with iMyFone Umate software
The above two methods are defined mainly for MAC & Windows PCs, but if you search for an application that can work on both platforms, then this process will assist you a lot; just follow the steps stated below.
- At first, connect your iPhone to the respective MAC or Windows-operated PC.
- Then, open the installed iMyFone Umate app and select the Scan option from the Home tab.
- Now, explore the Junk files and temporary files sections there, and clear out particular files to free up the pointlessly occupied storage of your iPhone.
- For better results, you can first identify the larger-size files so that more storage can be cleared.
Note: We have come across another common query across various online forums on how to clear ram on iPhone 11; the answer is quite simple; all the ways we have stated in this entire discussion are useful to clear the Ram in a whole range of iPhones released by Apple.
Although the above-stated tactic would have resolved your issue for now, but for future prevention, you can block these browser cookies by accessing the browser’s settings. For this, you would need to access the Block All Cookies option in Safari settings and simply enable it.
Low operating speed or apps lagging is a pretty common issue most iPhone users often encounter. In most cases, excess usage of mobile browser or apps lead to such kind of issue and ends up degrading the entire device performance.
Because the cache & cookies stored on the device storage while internet browsing overloads the Ram memory, that directly affects the iPhone user experience, therefore, you need to free your device RAM if you intend to speed up your processes.
In context to this problematic state, we have found a few highly effective ways that can be adopted to tackle the occurred issue more quickly, such as clearing the browser’s cache, reinstallation or offloading of apps, usage of third-party programs, etc.