When it comes to the best sound system, Logitech computer speakers are worth mentioning as they have always been the first choice by most online gamers.
However, there is no limitation on its usage; whether your need is for a video game or you want a high-quality speaker for entertainment, the Logitech speakers best-fit in all sorts of requirements.
Although Logitech PC speakers are designed with utmost compatibility on computers or laptops, we have come across specific reports over its malfunctioning; some users have shared their disturbing experience with speaker’s connectivity to a system running Windows operating system.
What causes the “Logitech speakers not working” state?
Actually, users encounter specific issues on Windows running computers if they have recently updated the operating system to Windows 10 version; still, given these reports, we can’t presume this issue is associated solely with Windows 10 OS.
Because apart from this, there might be many other events or situations that may lead to Logitech speaker not working state ultimately; here, you can instantly get a quick glance over a few different causes to get the issue resolved in a better way the specific pinpointed cause.
Faulty audio drivers
The issue’s first and foremost expected cause might be the outdated audio or Logitech speaker drivers installed on your computer system. In other cases, the drivers can also become faulty unknowingly.
Damaged Speaker device
Producing poor quality audio is slightly different from a totally not working state. In this context, if your Logitech PC speakers aren’t working at all, the issue may be with Speakers’ hardware, or there might be any hardware damage in a few cases. So, you need to make sure first that your Logitech PC speaker’s hardware is totally fine.
Disabled audio enhancements
Audio enhancements play a vital role in producing high-quality sound, but that need to be enabled manually on your computers. So, if you are encountering audio issues with your Logitech Speakers, this might also indicate that audio enhancements are disabled.
Low default sample rate
Low sample rates result in poor audio quality, or even the device with a low sample rate might not work at all. If we consider this factor in Logitech speakers’ case, the windows operated computers often set the considerably low sample rate for such peripheral devices, and you might encounter the worst result in audio output consequently.
If all other associated factors are going well and your Logitech speakers are still not working, then the issue can be as minor & straightforward as muted sound.
Because many times, we uncautiously mute the hardware sound and overlook this aspect while playing audio. So, if this is the case with you, make sure to unmute your device sound in the first place.
How to fix Logitech speakers not working issue?
We have already discussed the possible causes of poor audio quality or malfunctioning of your Logitech PC speakers, so given the accurate disturbing cases, you can instantly fix your Logitech Speakers.
To assist you in doing so, here we have enlisted a few best approaches that can be practiced to get out of such a problematic state readily.
Being a peripheral device, Logitech speakers need to be connected accurately in the first place. Because even if the Speaker isn’t damaged still, there might be a hardware-related issue. So, what you need to do initially is ensure the proper connection of your Logitech speaker with the computer. In case you find any glitch there, re-plug the speakers properly then.
If the re-plug tactic doesn’t work, that may hint that speakers may be faulty, so to confirm this factor, you may need to plug your speaker into another PC or laptop; if the Logitech speakers work appropriately with a new device, then for sure, you need to check other factors because this affirms the fine state of your Logitech computer speakers.
Set default speaker settings
If you have a PC with Windows 10 operating system, you need to set a default speaker manually; however, your Logitech speaker may not work in a contrary situation. So basically need to select the default settings for your Logitech speaker on the windows 10 operating computer system. For this:
- Press the Windows icon key Ans search for “Sound.”
- Select the Sound application from displayed search results and launch it.
- Navigate to the “Playback” tab in the opened Sound window and select the Logitech speaker.
- Click on the “Set default” option to set your Logitech speaker as default.
- Then right-click on the chosen Logitech speaker and launch its properties.
- In Speakers’ properties, choose the “Advanced” tab.
- In the Advanced tab, navigate to the “Default format” section.
- Here in the dropdown menu list, make sure to select the option “16-bit, 44100 Hz (CD Quality).”
- Now click on the “Apply” option and press Enter to save your settings.
Run “Playing Audio” troubleshooter
The built-in troubleshooting feature in the Windows operating system performs an excellent job, especially if you are unable to identify the cause of the encountered issue.
This super Troubleshooter tool automatically identifies the problems & bugs in the system and then attempts to resolve the erroring situation. So, to use the built-in troubleshooter on your PC, you need to follow the below-stated steps.
Launch your windows settings application using the Shortcut key “Windows + I.”
Navigate to the “Update & security” tab.
Select the “Troubleshoot” option from the “Update & security” category in the left panel menu.
In the Troubleshoot window, naivete to the “Get up and running” section.
Here select the “Playing Audio” option and click on the option “Run the troubleshooter.”
Precisely follow the instructions displayed in the entire troubleshooting process.
Enable Audio enhancements
Sometimes your Logitech speaker can become problematic due to the poor quality of produced sound. In computer systems with the windows 10 operating system, the users often need to enable the Audio Enhancements option for improved sounds.
Therefore, if the Audio Enhancements option is disabled on your devices unknowingly, then you can enable it by practicing the following method.
- Navigate to the System tray located in the taskbar of your windows home screen (Bottom right corner).
- Select the Volume icon from the System tray menu.
- Here click on “Sounds,” or you can directly access the Sound application by searching it in the windows search bar.
- In the Sounds window, navigate to the “Playback” tab.
- Right-click on your respective Speaker in the Playback tab and select its Properties option from the dropdown menu list.
- In Speaker “Properties” window, select the “Advanced” tab.
- Here select the “Enable Audio Enhancements” option located below the “Signal Enhancements” section.
- Now click on the “Apply” button and press Enter to save your settings.
- Again, press Enter or Click on “Ok” to exit the Sounds window.
Update Logitech speaker drivers
As highlighted in causes, outdated speakers might be problematic considerably. So, updating the Logitech speaker driver is always a good approach whether your speaker driver is in a faulty state or obsolete.
Here we will elaborate on the steps you might need to update the speaker or audio device drivers on your Windows 10 operating computer systems.
- Launch the “Run dialog box” using the shortcut key “Windows + R.”
- In the Run dialog box, type the query devmgmt.msc to open “Device Manager” and press “Enter” to proceed on.
- Expand the “Sound, video, and game controller” category in the Device Manager by clicking on it.
- Right-click on your respective sound or audio device and choose “Update Driver” from the displayed dropdown menu list.
- Here, you need to click on the option “Search automatically for driver,” subsequently, the Windows OS will automatically search for the available updates on your specific audio device.
- Once the driver update process is completed, you will get a message saying the “best drivers for your device are already installed.”
- Now, click on the Close option to exit and restart your PC.
Disable exclusive access on Logitech speakers
In many cases, a specific app of your computer system may take access to Logitech Speakers exclusively that refrains the other apps from using the Speakers. So, if you are going through a similar state, you actually need to disable this sort of exclusive access on your Logitech Speaker. To do so:
- Press the Windows icon key, here search for the Control Panel, and launch it.
- In Control Panel, at first, make sure to set the “View by” option to either large icons or small icons.
- Now, scroll down and select the “Sound” option.
- Here make sure to choose the Playback tab.
- Right-click on your respective Logitech speaker in the Playback menu and click on its Properties option.
- In Speaker Properties, navigate to the Advanced tab.
- Now, uncheck the option “Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device.”
- Click on the “Apply” button and press Enter to Exit.
The Logitech speakers with subwoofer are what PC users need the most to meet their sound-related requirements. Therefore, the Logitech PC speakers are such a great audio device and are widely used worldwide, especially by online gamers.
Despite the extreme usefulness of the device still, some users have reported a working issue associated with their Logitech computer speakers. Given this particular issue, we analyzed the entire scenario in-depth and found a few most common causes.
In this article, you can get the best fixing way to deal out any sort of working issue with your Logitech PC speaker. In most cases, a few simple tactics like hardware check or troubleshooter tool proves to be efficient enough to fix this issue in no time.
- Building the Perfect Game Room: All the Things That You Need
- How To Fix The Audio Service Is Not Running
- HyperX Cloud Revolver S Review
- How To Use Technology To Improve Your Workplace Acoustics
- How Can High-Quality Tech Devices Help With Your Studies?
- Building the Perfect Game Room: All the Things That You Need