An ideal gaming mouse offers multiple features that will improve your gaming ability. These include excellent performance and a comfortable grip. Having a mouse for gaming that fits perfectly in your hand will have a direct impact on your playing, the mouse needs to have a set of gaming features and a strong sensor, so you don’t miss hits as you play your favorite games.
On your search for the best gaming mouse for your needs, you will find that there are hundreds of choices available today, ranging from entry-level, cheap variants to high-end premium models.
At the top end of the price range, gaming mice come equipped with several exciting features such as programmable buttons, wireless charging, and flashy looks.
There is something for everyone in the market, you have to know what you need and where to look. Companies are also experimenting with bolder designs that include removable parts, eye-catching RGB and some models even come with adjustable weights that allow users to choose a comfortable weight of their gaming mouse. Brands are seriously pushing the limits, and it is exciting to see what they come up with next.
Today, we will help you select the ideal gaming mouse for you by explaining different features, different uses, and which users should use a certain type of mouse. We have reviewed some wireless and wired options, so you have a wider choice for selection.
Let’s start by looking at a few helpful gaming mouse shopping tips:
Practical Shopping Tips For Buying A Gaming Mouse
- Optical Vs. Laser Gaming Mouse: Both types of sensors have their advantages and offer a good user experience. However, in terms of accuracy, optical sensors are better, while laser mice are more versatile because they work on a variety of different surfaces. If we had to pick one, we suggest that you go for an optical mouse that is designed by PixArt.
- Wireless Vs. Wired Gaming Mouse: The wireless technology in gaming mice has improved a lot in the last few years, but unfortunately, it still isn’t perfect with low battery life, especially if you have a wireless model with RGB, as well as potential latency. Nonetheless, if you go for a wireless gaming mouse, aim for a model that offers at least 30 hours of battery life. Another important decision when buying a wireless mouse is Bluetooth vs. a 2.4 GHz dongle connection. Although you can now get both, wireless mice with Bluetooth only have more latency but are easier for switching between multiple devices. On the other hand, 2.4 GHz is faster, however, the dongle that fits in the USB port is easier to lose. You can lower the chances of losing the dongle if you go for a model that allows you to store it inside the shell.
- Palm vs Claw vs Fingertip Grip: it will be extremely helpful if you already know how you prefer to hold your mouse. If you don’t, try to figure it out, there are typically three types of mouse grips:
- Palm Grip Mouse: the palm grip style is designed to allow your palm to rest on the back of the mouse, while your fingers are placed on the top.
- Claw Grip: on a claw grip mouse your palm doesn’t have contact with the mouse, instead, your wrist rests on the mouse pad and the fingers grip the buttons and the sides of the mouse.
- Fingertip Grip – this is another style of grip where your fingers do most of the work by gripping the edges and the button, while the wrist and palm remain elevated off the mouse and the mouse pad.
The size of your hand is one of the biggest factors when deciding the ideal grip style of your mouse. Typically, larger hands will be more suitable for a fingertip grip style and the palm grip is best for smaller hands.
- DPI, CPI, IPS, and Mouse Acceleration: DPI is traditionally used in print to specify how many Dots Per Inch a printed image will have. On the other hand, CPI refers to Counts Per Inch, which declares the number of counts a mouse takes when it travels an inch. I’m marketing DPI and CPI are the same thing, but DPI is more commonly used and gaming mouse brands mostly use this term as well.
A higher DPI number doesn’t necessarily equate to a better sensor in a mouse. It is always best that gaming mice have a balance of DPI and IPS. IPS stands for Inches Per Second, which tells you the velocity at which the mouse’s sensor tracks counts. The best sensor will have the highest IPS and DPI.
The acceleration of the mouse tells you the level of Gs it can handle while tracking effectively. The performance of some mice may be affected when they reach a specific G-rating, especially when you are doing sharp left, right, and back and forth movements.
10 Best Gaming Mouse Under $50
Finding a gaming mouse that offers the perfect balance between performance, usability, and pocket-friendliness is a challenge. Following are our top 10 favorite gaming mouse under $50, we hope that our recommendations make the selection easier for you.
- Razer DeathAdder Elite Gaming Mouse
- Logitech G502 Hero Gaming Mouse
- Razer Basilisk X Hyperspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse
- Corsair Harpoon RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse
- Logitech G600 MMO Gaming Mouse
- Corsair M65 PRO RGB Optical FPS Gaming Mouse
- Razer Basilisk v2 Wired Gaming Mouse
- SteelSeries Rival 310 Gaming Mouse
- Logitech G300s Optical Ambidextrous Gaming Mouse
- SteelSeries Rival 3 Wireless Gaming Mouse
|10 Best Gaming Mouse||DPI||Wired/Wireless||Programmable Buttons||Switch Type||Sensor||Warranty||Amazon Rating|
|Razer DeathAdder Elite||16,000 DPI||Wired||7||Mechanical Switches||Optical Sensor||2-year||4.6 out of 515,634 global ratings|
|Logitech G502 Hero||200-16,000 DPI||Wired||11||Mechanical Switches||HERO 16K||On Request||4.6 out of 55,251 global ratings|
|Razer Basilisk X Hyperspeed||16,000 DPI||Wireless(450 Hr Battery)||6||Mechanical Switches||Optical Sensor||2-year||4.5 out of 513,432 global ratings|
|Corsair Harpoon||10,000 DPI||Wireless(Up to 60 hours of Battery Life)||6||Omron Switches||Optical Sensor||On Request||4.6 out of 57,294 global ratings|
|Logitech G600||8200 DPI||Wired||20||NA||Laser Sensor||On Request||4.5 out of 513,557 global ratings|
|Corsair M65 PRO||12,000 DPI||Wired||8||NA||Optical Sensor||On Request||4.4 out of 56,795 global ratings|
|Razer Basilisk v2||20,000 DPI||Wired||11||Mechanical Switches||Optical Sensor||On Request||4.7 out of 54,914 global ratings|
|SteelSeries Rival 310||12,000 CPI||Wired||6||Mechanical Switches||Exclusive TrueMove3 Sensor||On Request||4.6 out of 55,270 global ratings|
|Logitech G300s||Adjust/shift DPI||Wired||9||NA||Optical Sensor||On Request||4.5 out of 54,165 global ratings|
|SteelSeries Rival 3||18,000 CPI||Wireless(400+ Hr Battery)||NA||Mechanical Switches||Optical Sensor||On Request||4.5 out of 54,721 global ratings|
1. Razer DeathAdder Elite Gaming Mouse
The California-based gaming gadget manufacturer – Razer has impressed us with several budget-friendly gaming devices, and Razer has done it again! The Razer DeathAdder Elite is currently one of Razor’s top-selling, highly recommended gaming mice. Its popularity is fully justifiable by its superior quality and outstanding technology at an affordable price.
Razer DeathAdder Elite comes with a custom-modded PixArt PMW3389 Sensor with a max DPI of up to 16,000. It also offers 450 per second tracking speed and a fantastic 99.4% resolution accuracy. If that’s not it, then DeathAdder Elite will impress you with its setting of seven programmable buttons right out the box and the durable mechanical switches guarantee up to 50 million clicks per button.
Razer DeathAdder Elite comes with Razer’s iconic black and green color scheme seals the deal. We confidently recommend Razer DeathAdder Elite as it comes with an impressive 2-year warranty.
- Seven programmable, durable mechanical switches
- Chroma RGB Lighting w/ 16.8 million colors
- Razer 5G Advanced Optical Sensor
- Attractive and ergonomic design
- 2-year warranty
- Lack of on-board memory causes difficulty in switching profiles.
2. Logitech G502 Hero Gaming Mouse
In terms of performance, the Logitech G502 is a true Hero with exceptional features and a standout design that complements the performance of the device. We believe this gaming mouse lives up to its name. Unfortunately, this device is only for right-handed users.
Equipped with the impressive PMW3366 optical sensor, the G502 provides zero smoothing, filtering, and acceleration across its 200-12, 0000 DPI range. The responsiveness and tracking accuracy of the PMW3366 is truly exceptional.
This gaming mouse gives you the flexibility of personalizing the weight and tuning the balance for optimum comfort. During long gaming sessions, the Logitech G502 offers consistent performance and support.
- Balance Tuning and Personalized Weight with five 3.6g Weights
- Accurate PMW3366 optical sensor
- RGB lighting customization
- Hyper-Fast Dual-Mode Scroll Wheel
- Button for Battery life
- Logitech Gaming Software (LGS) allows easy customization
- DPI settings are limited
- Suitable only for right-hand users
3. Razer Basilisk X Hyperspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse
For under fifty dollars Razer Basilisk X Hyperspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse packs fantastic features that you can use to improve your gaming and become the best. This gaming mouse is as impressive as its name.
The Razer Basilisk X Hyperspeed offers amazing value for money thanks to the Hyper Speed Razer Technology, which provides consistent performance and quick cursor motion.
The Dual Mode Connectivity gives you the versatility to enjoy a stable connection via Bluetooth along with simultaneous lag-free wireless gaming.
As far as the buttons on the Razer Basilisk X Hyperspeed are concerned, it comes with six perfectly positioned buttons that are easy to access and press without any trouble.
The design of the mouse ensures that you don’t strain your wrist and the hand rests comfortably on the device, which minimizes the stress on your wrist.
At this price point, the 450-hour battery life of the Basilisk X Hyperspeed is exceptional. This mouse has earned praise from plenty of pro gamers. Most buyers were pleased with the design of the mouse as it reduces the chances of getting carpal tunnel syndrome from too much gaming. The only complaint some users had was facing difficulty when creating an account for their mouse.
Razer Basilisk HyperSpeed is a good pick for anyone who spends a lot of time gaming and using the computer.
- Long battery life
- 16,000 DPI offers high performance in the under $50 price range
- Versatile Dual connectivity
- Easy customization through Razer Synapse software
- 25% Faster Than Competing Wireless Mice
- Up to 450 Hr Battery Life
- 2-year warranty
- Wired backup not available
- Work on Last-gen Razer technology
- Feel slightly cheap and lightweight
4. Corsair Harpoon RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse
Corsair is worldwide trusted for its top-notch gaming peripherals, and Corsair Harpoon is another widely popular gaming peripheral. It offers a blazing-fast 1ms response time, six programmable buttons with responsive Omron switches, and a truly wireless experience with 60-hours of battery life.
Corsair Harpoon also comes with the impressive Corsair iCUE software for multiple features and easy controls, including vivid dynamic RGB lighting control, sophisticated macro programming, and more.
Corsair Harpoon is designed for match-winning performances. The lightweight and contoured design with rubber side grips make Corsair Harpoon an excellent option for controlled, professional-level gaming. It is also the best budget-friendly option on the list for professional gaming.
- Excellent customizable RGB lights
- Ergonomic form factor with rubber grips
- Lightweight and contoured design
- Controlled gaming experience
- Supports Bluetooth, Slipstream, and Wired connectivity
- Recommended by pro gamers
- Slow, frustrating software
- Average performance in wired mode
5. Logitech G600 MMO Gaming Mouse
We have included a few gaming mice on our list from Logitech for one reason: it is among the leading, most trusted peripherals brands offering affordable yet high-tech gaming devices. The G600 from Logitech is another example!
The mouse comes with personalizable buttons, which you can personalize easily and quickly through the impressive Logitech software.
Unfortunately, the positioning of its side buttons could be better. There is a learning curve, but once you learn how to use the side buttons, the G600 is a fantastic pick for any gamer.
- Sturdy build quality
- Highly customizable buttons
- The laser sensor is powerful
- Feedback from side buttons is tactile
- 20 Programmable Buttons
- Made for PC gaming
- Bulky size, not suitable for gamers with smaller hands
- Learning curve involved for the thumb grid
- The design suitable for right-hand users
6. Corsair M65 PRO RGB Optical FPS Gaming Mouse
The M65 PRO RGB Optical FPS Gaming Mouse from Corsair is one of the most affordable gaming mice on the market with impressive smart technology, fantastic built quality, and plenty of customization options that you can access through the intelligent CORSAIR iCUE software.
CORSAIR M65 Pro is equipped with a 12000 DPI High-Accuracy Sensor that offers accurate tracking. This mouse is the perfect entry-level gaming mouse for anyone with a limited budget. It also has a weight tuning system that allows you to customize the weight according to your comfort.
- Tactile precision and optimal control through the high mass scroll
- Provides a fantastic gaming experience
- Sturdy Aluminum body offers excellent mobility
- Customizable weight
- Competition level FPS
- Design can feel uncomfortable for long gaming sessions
7. Razer Basilisk v2 Wired Gaming Mouse
As we have already discussed, Razer is worldwide trusted and recommended for its low budget, high-quality gaming mouse and other peripherals. Razer Basilisk v2 wired mouse is another excellent option for gamers because of its cutting-edge precision and features that ensure improved gaming performance.
Razer Basilisk v2 comes with the Razor Focus+ 20K Optical Sensor that features Smart Tracking, Asymmetric Cut-off, and Motion Sync. The Basilisk v2 also has Razor Optical Mouse Switches that are three times more accurate than mechanical switches.
Razer Basilisk v2 offers highly Customizable Chroma RGB Color Profiles that support 16.8 million color combinations. With Basilisk v2’s impressive 11 programmable buttons and 5 on-board memory profiles, Razer Basilisk v2 is also highly versatile and perfect for professional-level gaming.
- Customizable Scroll Wheel Resistance
- 11 programmable buttons
- 5 on-board memory profiles
- Impressive precision and control
- Best value for money
- Drag-Free Cord for Wireless-Like Performance
- Weight adjustment option not available
8. SteelSeries Rival 310 Gaming Mouse
One of the most worthy picks on our list within the $50 price range, the SteelSeries Rival 310 Gaming Mouse comes with 12000 CPI optical sensors that deliver extremely accurate tracking that is also optimized. It also has six buttons. All these features combined make it the best gaming mouse for a low budget.
Don’t be fooled by the low price of this mouse, the Rival 310 has been the choice of many pro gamers globally. It has an ergonomic design that includes dual silicone grips and a smooth as butter scroll ideal for long gaming sessions.
The weight of this mouse is also just right and allows you to make sharp movements in the game without much strain.
- Easy-grip and soft feel with textured silicone grips
- RGB lighting is customizable
- Light in weight
- High-frequency 12000 CPI optical sensor.
- Not ideal for palm grip users
- No CPI setting indicator
9. Logitech G300s Optical Ambidextrous Gaming Mouse
You will always find several Logitech options on the best budget-friendly gaming devices lists because Logitech always has a range of top-class devices for affordable prices. Logitech G300s is another example of outstanding yet affordable technology.
Logitech G300s offers a wide array of features that can help you significantly improve your gaming performance. However, it lacks RGB lighting bars and no side buttons, so you might not get the full-featured professional gaming performance that some other budget gaming mice offer. Nonetheless, it is an excellent option for beginners because of its smooth, multi-usage performance.
- Quick configuration software
- Three onboard memory profiles
- Offers a reliable option for multi-purpose usage
- Comfortable to use shape with grips on both sides.
- Excellent for beginners
- Lacks side buttons
- Limited onboard memory profiles
- Not the best option for pro gamers
10. SteelSeries Rival 3 Wireless Gaming Mouse
SteelSeries Rival 3 Wireless Gaming mouse is hands-down the best all-in-one gaming mouse that provides high efficiency, impressive precision, multiple OS compatibility, and excellent usability – all at a budget-friendly price.
With an impressive 400+ hour battery life you can enjoy prolonged gaming sessions without worrying about recharging the mouse during gaming sessions. However, the claims that battery lasts an entire year, aren’t completely true because with consistent use the battery drainage is significantly faster than expected.
The TrueMove Air Optical Gaming Sensor provides excellent precision. SteelSeries Rival 3 Wireless Gaming Mouse is compatible with Windows, macOS, iOS, Chrome OS, PlayStation, Xbox One, and Xbox Series S or X. We wish Rival 3 came with.
- A year-long battery life
- Revolutionary power-efficient technology
- Optimized for ultra-low latency wired-like performance
- 2.4 GHz and Bluetooth Connectivity
- Multi-purpose functionality
- Smart and durable construction
- TrueMove Air Optical Gaming Sensor
- 1-Year Warranty
- Average ergonomics
- No additional programmable buttons
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the top features of the best gaming mouse?
Always look for a mouse that provides high reliability, accuracy, and ergonomics. It is also essential for a gaming mouse to have a sleek and ergonomic design with a fast double-clicking system, a top-notch scroll wheel with hyper-fast scrolling, and seamless cursor movement. It should also provide high compatibility with various operating systems and high precision tracking.
To top it all, always search for a mouse that provides the perfect balance between your needs and budget. Pro gamers should opt for high-end, high-tech options; whereas, beginners should stick to budget-friendly options recommended by professionals.
You will find the 10 best gaming mice under options on our list, which includes several Logitech, Razer, Corsair, and other trusted brands.
2. What size of the mouse is best for gaming?
The best mouse size depends on the size of your hand. Gamers with large hands should opt for an ergonomic mouse for large hands; whereas gamers with shorter hand sizes should stick to a small-sized mouse.
To ensure that you are selecting the correct mouse size, put your hand on the mouse. If you can press all the buttons comfortably and the mouse design feels ergonomic, then this mouse is perfect for your hand.
If you are unable to press the mouse buttons comfortably and you have to move your palm to reach the buttons, then avoid buying this mouse no matter if it’s top-rated or affordable. When buying a mouse online, always check the measurements/dimensions of the mouse and ensure that the size matches your favorite (most comfortable to use) mouse.
3. Do all affordable gaming mice come with a warranty?
Not all affordable (even high-end) nice come with a warranty. The warranty depends on the manufacturer or company, some offer a 6-month warranty; whereas some even offer a 2-year warranty. Some credible companies even offer a warranty on request.
4. What is more important – the quality or design of the gaming mouse?
We all love stylish gaming devices, but is design more important than quality? No! If you take gaming seriously, a quality gaming mouse will add significantly more value to your gaming performance than a stylish mouse that will not improve your gaming performance in any way. Always opt for better quality than selecting a stylish design if you want to excel at gaming.
5. Do gaming mice improve gaming performance?
If you are a newbie or a casual gamer, you might not feel the need for a gaming mouse. However professional gamers do require professional gaming equipment, including a gaming mouse.
You wouldn’t find the need for specific gaming equipment for 1-2 hour gaming sessions; however, if you play for extended hours daily, a gaming mouse will not only improve your gaming performance by providing improved accuracy and efficiency, but a more comfortable gaming experience will help you play for longer with minimal arm fatigue.
Without a doubt, a gaming mouse is an essential part of every pro gamer’s tech kit. We have shared our favorite 10 gaming mouse under $50 that offer the best balance between style, performance, and affordability.
We hope that our list of top 10 gaming mice under 50 helps you select the best mouse. All of our picks will not only fit your budget but also provide you with a significant boost in your gaming performance.
Did your favorite budget-friendly gaming mouse make it to our list? Do you want to add another top gaming mouse to this list? Please comment below. We would love to know your favorite gaming mouse options.