It is unsurprising that Apple devices have additional features to improve the user experience. Being new to Apple devices, you may not be thoroughly familiar with many features; WIFI password sharing is one of them.
We often connect our Apple devices or iPhones to a WIFI network and then forget the password; still, you’d be able to use WIFI on respective instruments, but generally, you can’t use the same WIFI network on any other Apple device.
How to share WIFI passwords on your iPhone?
We have elaborated on how to share WIFI passwords on different Apple devices to sort the WIFI sharing complexity. Before jumping on to the sorting ways, you need to make sure that:
Both Apple devices are upgraded to the latest OS version.
- You’re logged in with the same Apple ID on both devices.
- Bluetooth and the WIFI are on; meanwhile, the Hotspot is turned off.
- Both devices are in the WIFI connectivity range.
How to share WIFI password to MacBook?
Now follow the below-stated steps to share the WIFI password from iPhone to a mac operated device.
- In the first place, turn on the WIFI on your iPhone in an unlocked state.
- Now turn on the WIFI option on your Mac device. (You can easily find the WIFI icon in the taskbar)
- Choose the WIFI network you’re already connected with on your iPhone.
- A notification regarding “Share password” will get prompted on your iPhone.
- Select the “Share password” option by tapping on it and wait for a few seconds until the process gets completed.
- Proceed on with the “Done” option on your iPhone, and now you’ve connected to the same WIIF on your mac device also.
How to share WIFI on iPhone from a MacBook?
In case you want to share the WIFI password of your mac device to your iPhone, then you can go for another way that is relatively easy to follow. For this, what you need to do is:
- Firstly, switch on the WIFI on your MacBook.
- Now access to settings on your iPhone.
- Here tap on the WIFI option and choose the same WIFI network you’re connected to your MacBook with.
- Wait for a few seconds, and then you’ll be able to see a notification on your MacBook, so proceed with the prompted “Share Password” option.
- Soon your iPhone will get connected to that WIFI network.
How to share WIFI passwords from iPhone to iPhone?
Sharing the WIFI password of an iPhone on another iPhone is also a piece of cake. You can do it quite readily, merely in a few seconds. So:
- Unlock your iPhone at first, and turn on its WIIFI option.
- Then go to another iPhone, and launch the iPhone settings.
- Here tap on the WIFI option in settings and opt for the same Wi-Fi network you’re already using on your first iPhone.
- Soon you’ll get a notification on your first iPhone with the option “Share Password.”
- Select the “Share Password” option, and your other iPhone will connect to the same WIFI network.
Unable to share Password to MacBook or iPhone?
If you’re constantly struggling with password sharing on your Apple device but all in vein, there might be a few likely causes of this connection failure, such as:
- Both your Apple device might be out of range.
- The source device might be locked. (make sure to unlock it).
- The Bluetooth option might be turned off on any device.
So, to get out of this troubling state, what you can do is:
- Restart your Apple devices.
- Place both devices closer to each other in an unlocked state.
- Turn on the WIFI & Bluetooth options on both devices.
- Then follow the respective Password sharing process again.
We have explained all the likely scenarios in which Apple users can share the WIFI password of an Apple device with another Apple device. Still, if you’re looking for How to transfer the WIFI password from iPhone to Android, you might be disappointed because this won’t be possible.
Apple users often find ways to share a device’s WIFI password with any other Apple device in case the WIFI password is forgotten. In this brief guide, we have elaborated on how a user can share WIFI passwords from iPhone to MacBook, MacBook to iPhone, and iPhone to iPhone. All the explained ways are quick and can easily be practiced in a few seconds.