Twitch, one of our most popular online streaming platforms, which we all use somehow every day for our binge-watching, is also prone to errors, disturbing our gameplays and video streaming experiences.
Short of Twitch… it’s a decade-old (Twitch founded in 2011), entertaining more than 15 million daily active users, Twitch does not feature only video games, but it has expanded its services, including music, artwork, TV shows, and some others.
Although Twitch is known to be a solid platform with easy UI and great content, it is not free from issues that arise, not often, at some instances.
So, here I am, with another addition to my troubleshooting series in which I am going to tackle the Twitch black screen issue.
How To Fix Twitch Black Screen Issue?
Want to refresh your streaming partner before performing any troubleshooting/s?
Simply restart your computer; maybe you don’t need to perform any of these recommended fixes; restarting the system will remove any corrupt temporary data and entirely refresh the operating system.
You must be thinking why this error occurs? There are a couple of factors ranging from…
- A non-working DNS (Twitch requires a particular DNS to run.),
- There’s something wrong with the Twitch server,
- Your Chrome browser’s cache and/or cookies might be broken or corrupted.
- Hardware acceleration may be in conflict with an application or service.
- Your IP address may cause a network issue.
Fortunately, there are ways to fix Twitch stream black screen; not all of the fixes are right for you, so go through the steps of one method first and check if it fixes the error. If not, move on to the next.
Method 1. Turn Hardware Acceleration off
If you watch Twitch on Google Chrome, then simply disable Use hardware acceleration when available option; to do that…
- Open Google Chrome → Menu.
- Menu → Settings → Advanced.
- Now, toggle. Use hardware acceleration when the available option off.
- Click the Relaunch button to finish.
Method 2. Set a custom DNS
It’s quite simple…
- Open Windows Run by holding down Windows+R keys.
- Type Control Panel → OK.
- Once in the Control Panel, go to Network and Internet → Network and Sharing Center.
- Now, click Change adapter settings → Right-click the network device → Properties.
- Here, select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) → Properties.
- Tick the Use the following DNS server address, and enter these addresses:
- Preferred DNS server – 126.96.36.199
- Alternate DNS server – 188.8.131.52
- Click OK to save settings.
- Restart your PC to proceed.
Method 3. Enable Transport Layer Security (TLS)
If TLS has been disabled, your Twitch streams on Twitch.
- Follow 1 to 3 of the method 2
- Go to Internet Options → Advanced
- Here, tick all TLS options.
- Now, click Apply → OK.
Method 4. Reset your Network Configuration
- Open Run – Windows+R keys
- Type in CMD and hold down Shift+Ctrl+Enter keys – to open the Command with administrative privileges.
- Now, enter ipconfig /flushdns command → Enter – to execute it.
- Then, type in the ipconfig /renew Command → Enter – to execute it.
- Finally, restart your PC end.
New to Twitch? Here are some FAQs for thoughts…
FAQ: What are the most popular games streamed on Twitch?
Currently, all the known games, including Fortnite, Dota 2, PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds, Hearthstone, League of Legends, Overwatch, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, and many other popular ones, can be played on Twitch.
FAQ: What platforms Twitch supports?
Due to its growing popularity, the platform is supported on many platforms, like mobile devices (iOS and Android), Xbox 360, and Xbox One, and Playstation 3 and 4. Still, Mac and Linux are also in the list but Windows-based PCs.
FAQ: Is Twitch receiving timely updates?
Yes, Twitch continuously updates the platform – to add new features, and improve the quality of life for both streamers and viewers. In 2014, Twitch introduced an updated archive system too that lets users access multi-platform accessibility to stream highlights, increased server backups, and better video quality.
Do you have any other workaround to Fix Twitch Black Screen?
Yes… all your hands-on fixes are highly appreciated!