The idea of using the dual sim feature on iPhones seems quite alluring, but you might encounter specific associated issues also if you aren’t much familiar with this feature; we have gone through various user’s reports stating, “I want to make a phone call but repeatedly confront “last line no longer available message on each attempt to make a call” and the issue is more common in iPhone 13 models.
What does the last line no longer available mean?
If you are using a dual-sim supported iPhone, you can likely come across the “last line no longer available issue,” which means your iPhone is confronting a problem detecting the network or line. So, therefore, the confusion about choosing the default or preferred line triggers the “last line no longer available” issue, and consequently, you can’t establish a call using your iPhone.
What causes the last line no longer available iPhone 13 issue?
Of course, the dual sim feature is somehow the likely cause of this problem. Actually, iPhone users are fully aware of how to get rid of no sim’ on iPhones; in such a case, they often switch to the eSim option and later on insert another physical sim in their iPhones to get facilitated with the dual Sim features, but this step can put them in problematic phase as sometimes iPhone says no service or the last line no longer available.
Moreover, there are a few other related factors that can cause the iPhone last line no longer available issue, such as:
- Automatic network selection
- Recent Call logs
- WIFI calling
- Erroneous network settings
5 Best ways to fix the “Last line no longer available iPhone 13” issue
Given the likely erroring causes, we have explained a few best fixing approaches that would be highly effective in getting out of the “last line no longer available” problem.
1. Turn on/off Airplane Mode
If you’re constantly encountering the error “Last line no longer available” on iPhone 13, then in the first place, turn on the Airplane Mode on your iPhone; this will disable all the network connections. After a few moments, please turn it off. Consequently, the network will get restored, and hopefully, you won’t reencounter the same issue, but if it didn’t work, then move on to the next stated fixing approaches.
2. Disable automatic network selection
Most iPhone users seem concerned over what “location not available” means and jump on to enable the network connection in order to fix it out, but with dual sim iPhones, such network settings turned to be automatic and often result in the last line no longer available issue. So, if you’re stuck in such a troubling state, then you need to disable this automatic network selection. So, to fix it:
- Open your iPhone Settings in the first place.
- In the Settings app, navigate to the Mobile Data or Cellular option.
- Now, choose the Network Selection option in Mobile Data Settings.
- Here, tap on the slider next to the Automatic option to turn off the Automatic Network Selection.
3. Clear out the Recent Calls log
Many times, the most straightforward tactics can fix the encountered issues instantly. Likewise, some iPhone users have reported that the last line no longer available issue can also be resolved merely by clearing out the recent calls log. So, if you have run into a similar situation, you must try to fix it by clearing the recent calls log. For this:
- Open the Phone app of your iPhone.
- Select the “Recents” tab located at the bottom.
- Here, you need to select the Edit option available at the top right corner.
- Now, choose the option Clear and then “Clear All Recents” to finish the process.
- After clearing the recent call log, you need to Restart your iPhone to get started with apps in a clean state.
4. Reset Network settings
The Last line no longer available on iPhone is often referred to as a network-related issue, so it’d be the best fixing approach to reset the network settings to factory default if you have been confronting such erroring state on your iPhone. To reset the network settings:
- Access the iPhone Settings.
- Open up the General Settings in the Settings menu.
- In General, Settings, select the Reset option on the screen.
- Then, tap on the option Reset Network Settings available on the Reset screen.
5. Turn off Wi-Fi calling.
iPhone users often enable the WIFI calling feature to overcome the calling issue triggered by low cellular coverage. However, this enabled feature sometime results in a troubling state that resists you from making calls on your iPhone with a dual sim setup. So, in such a case, you might need to turn off this WIFI calling feature to fix the “last line no longer available” issue. For this:
- Firstly, launch the Settings app on your iPhone.
- In the Settings menu, select the Mobile Data or Cellular option.
- You need to tap on the option WIFI Calling in Mobile Data settings.
- Now, make sure that the WIFI Calling option is turned off.
- Afterward, you can again attempt to make a call to verify that the issue has been resolved successfully.
The problems like This number is no longer in service, or iPhone unavailable messages are pretty common in the iPhone user community, but many users having iPhones with dual sim setup often encounter another common issue, i.e., “the last line no longer available” on trying to make a call. Therefore, in this brief guide, we have covered a few error-triggering aspects and the best possible solutions to get out of such a problematic situation, such as resetting network settings, clearing out recent call logs, disabling network selection, turning off WIFI calling, etc.
- How To Fix iPhone Earphones Playing One Side Only
- Pairing failed: Your Apple Watch couldn’t pair with your iPhone
- How to Install Any iPhone or iPad App on an M1 Mac
- How To Activate Ballysports.com on Streaming Devices (Apple, Roku, Fire Tv, and More)
- Facebook not updating: 8 easy solutions on How to fix it