It’s pretty impossible that you’re a pro gamer, and you’ve never used by far the best game chat services out there; I am talking about none other than Discrepancy, aka Discord.
Short of Discord is a gamers-only communication platform, offering both text and voice chat features; gamers can share pictures, links and even create bots on Discord – to control the server channels.
Whenever I talk about Discord, many gamers start talking about language/voice changing – for pranks or identity protection, even though the platform does not have official Voice Changer plugins!
Well, it’s just because many of us always want to be crazy while playing games, and one of the never-ending fun is to change voice and language while chatting with your gaming buddies.
So, my gaming junkies, you don’t need to try any voice-changing software as I am here with one of the coolest voice-changing apps – for all your fun yet not-so-gamey chats.
It’s none other than Clownfish voice changer that has gained enough popularity, not only among gamers but among creative content creators too.
So, ready to take Clownfish on Discord’s board?
Here you will get to know everything about the voice-switching app and, of course, how to use Clownfish voice changer on Discord.
What is Clownfish?
Clownfish is a voice changer app, which can be used as a 3rd party application on Discord and other apps.
With a Clownfish voice changer, you can change the sound of your voice using a microphone. This free software features a primary interface with everything paced well in the reach of a single click.
Sadly, Clownfish Voice Changer does not work with macOS.
So, here’s a short guide on how to install and set up a Clownfish voice changer on your system.
Before we begin…
Let me tell you something important about Clownfish voice changer… being super easy software; you’ll need a device to run. Worry not; the software won’t use up a lot of your device’s power.
But yes, other than Discord and the game you’re playing, the supporting device will also use some processing power.
Anyway, to run Clownfish on your system, make sure you’ve…
- A PC with a 32-bit or 64-bit Windows (I’d recommend either Windows 7 or 10 as with earlier versions, lagging and/or compatibility problems is evident).
- A 3.5mm microphone (Surprisingly, Clownfish voice changer does not work without a microphone).
- Of course, the latest version of Clownfish (Older versions also work but may have issues with your favorite games or updated Discord).
So, whether you play something minimalistic like Pac-Man or as draining as Red Dead Redemption II, Clownfish will change your voice like a pro; even using a standard PC’s hardware is also good enough to run Clownfish smoothly.
How to download Clownfish voice changer?
Downloading Clownfish is easy… go to its official website or click here, on the download page, select the one you wish to install.
Don’t know which version is to be installed on your PC?
- Go to “Settings,” → “About,” → “System type.”
Here, you will get to know whether your system is 32-bit or 64-bit.
- Now, choose the location to install, and you’re done.
Now comes the setup stage; it’s slightly different than other software.
- To start, locate Clownfish in your system → Right-click → “Setup.”
- Now, install the actual voice changer feature individually. (for this, you have to attach a microphone
- Once attached to your device, you will be asked to “Install” the Microphone.
Note: Make sure your microphones are set up as your default device, or else the Clownfish voice changer won’t be connected to your system; how to?
Have a look!
- Go to the “Sounds” → “Recording” tab.
- Here, you will see a list of all devices compatible to use as your Microphone (primary audio device), so right-click on your mic and select “set as the default device.”
- Now, to test whether the microphone syncs with the Clownfish, simply right-click on the Clownfish icon → click “hear microphone.”
Good, the Clownfish voice changer is set to default.
To change, go to the system tray again, right-click → “Set voice changer.”
In this way, you will see dozens of options for voice changers or else customize your completely different tone as per your interest.
That’s all; Clownfish is successfully installed on your system and ready to use.
Hold on… one last step;
- Open Discord → “Voice & Video.”
- In the Voice settings, make the input device to “Default.”
- Once your mic is your system’s default audio device, you don’t need to come back, again and again, to change it in this section.
To turn off Clownfish voice changer across your device – go to the system tray and click “Turn off.”
Notable features of Clownfish Voice Changer
Clownfish Voice Changer can change your voice for many applications, including Steam, Skype, Discord, Hangouts, ooVoo, Jitsi, Ventrilo, Viber, Ekiga, TeamSpeak, Mumble, etc.
These are some of the known language effects offered by Clownfish…
- Fast Mutation
- Slow Mutation
- Male pitch
- Baby pitch
- Female pitch
- Helium pitch
- Custom pitch
Is there any other free voice changer that you’re using to prank your gaming buddies on Discord?
Then feel free to share with me in the comment section below.