It is not a secret that Apex Legends has some issues when it comes to performance. Many gamers have experienced lagging which can cause many issues and ruin the gaming experience.
Searches like ‘apex legends blurry’ and ‘apex legends model detail stuck on high’ pop up on search engines because this is a common issue. Many people question, ‘How to get better at apex legends?’ Sometimes it’s the game itself and not them that needs to get better.
Apex Legends is extremely graphic intensive, even though it may not look like it at first. People question how much GB does apex legends need? The answer is 22GB, and on a computer, that is not a lot. Yet still, many face lagging and low-performance issues.
Many people report that PCs start heating up if 50 or more people start jumping off a cliff. This fact alone tells us that Apex’s maps are much more detailed.
In such a case, even the most spaced-out PC will struggle to keep up with the game. The reason is that there are just too many elements in a frame. In such battle royale-type games, there are often way too many elements to render. Hence, PCs start to whir and hum, or the game begins to lag. There is no such thing as an apex gaming pc, so you will have to make some changes to the one you own.
The game Apex Legends uses a Source engine and is entirely built on it. Due to this, it is highly optimizable. Thus, with a few tweaks here and there, you can get rid of any issues that arise and ensure that your game runs as smoothly as possible.
Even though lowering your settings will allow you to have an advantage over others, the true beauty of Apex Legends will be lost.
If you are looking to increase your FPS and boost your performance in Apex Legends, take a look at the best apex legends settings we have listed down below.
Why is apex so laggy? The answer to this might be in your PC settings.
If you want the best performance ever when you play Apex Legends, you have to make a few key changes and some that you will have to be mindful of. These settings, which are, in our opinion, the best settings for apex legends, will allow you to have the best performance possible.
Every game has a minimum system requirement. Your game will run on those but won’t run its best. The question shouldn’t be ‘Can I run apex legends?’ rather, it should be ‘Is the best for Apex Legend?’ If you want the ultimate gaming experience, you might want to upgrade your system to the recommended requirements. Here they are:
- OS: Windows 10 (64-bit)
- CPU: Intel i5 3570K or any equivalent CPU
- RAM: 8GB or more
- GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 / AMD Radeon R9 290
- HDD: There should be 30GB available space at a minimum.
If you want to play Apex Legends on your laptop, then make sure that:
- The battery is set to High Performance
- All the drivers are up to date, including GPU and others
Other PC settings to tweak the FPS and overall boost the performance are:
- The display mode should be set to Full Screen
- The aspect ratio should be 16:9, 1080p.
- The resolution should be your monitor’s standard resolution
- V-Sync must be disabled to increase framerate
- Sun Shadow coverage should be set to low
- Sun Shadow detail should be set to low
- Sport Shadow detail should be set to low
- Volumetric Lighting should be disabled.
Apex Legend Settings
Changing your PC settings will definitely help boost your performance. However, if you want to optimize it further, you will have to move into the Apex Legends settings.
Note that not everyone has to make these changes, but rather they are a personal preference. Play around these settings a bit till you figure out which settings have the best combination of graphics and performance.
Here are some changes you can make to your Apex Legends game:
- Display mode should be set to full screen
- The resolution should be set to your monitor’s standard resolution
- V-sync should be disabled
- Anti-aliasing should be turned to TSAA. Do not completely disable this setting.
- The texture streaming budget should be set to high
- The texture filtering should be turned to Anisotropic 4X
- Ambient occlusion quality should be turned down to low
- The Sun shadow coverage should be low
- Model details should be set to medium
- Effect details should be set to medium
- Impact marks should be set to low.
- Volumetric Lighting should be disabled
- Dynamic Spot Shadow detail should be disabled
- Ragdolls should be lowered to medium
Other Ways to Boost Your Performance and Increase FPS
Disable Windows Update Delivery Optimization:
It is a common recommendation that the windows update delivery option is disabled. Such a step is taken to ensure that no pop-ups disrupt your gaming experience.
You can do this by:
- Go to Windows’ Start Menu’
- Enter in “Windows Update Settings” and click on the first search result
- Go to ‘Advanced options’
- Click on ‘Delivery Optimization’
- Choose the option ‘Allow downloads from other PCs’ and ensure it is turned off.
If your PC runs on an NVIDIA graphics card, you will have to change the setting a bit. This helps ensure that Apex Legends runs smoothly.
Follow through these steps.
- Open the ‘NVIDIA Control Panel’
- Navigate to ‘Manage 3D Settings
- Select the ‘Program Settings’ tab
- Search for Apex Legends. If you cannot find it, go to ‘Add’ and then search it here. It would be a good idea to run the game and close it beforehand.
- There will be an option to ‘Select the preferred graphics processor for this program.
- Click on the dropdown menu.
- Select a high-performance NVIDIA processor. This setting prevents the game from using your integrated GPU.
- Set the ‘Maximum Frame Rate’ setting to 1
- Set the ‘Monitor Technology’ to G-SYNC (this may or may not be applicable.’
- Set the ‘Multi-display/mixed GPU acceleration to ‘Single Display Performance Mode.’
- Set the ‘Power Management Mode’ to ‘Prefer Maximum Performance’
- Set the ‘Texture filtering quality to “Performance.’
- Disable the ‘Vertical sync’ settings
- Enable the ‘Threaded optimization’ settings
- Set the ‘Preferred refresh rate’ to ‘Highest available.’
- Apply the changes
- Navigate to ‘Adjust desktop size and position.’
- Check the ‘Override the scaling mode set by games and programs.’
- Click on Apply.
Disable One Drive
OneDrive is also known to have caused some issues with Apex Legends. It will be ideal for closing the application if you are not using it.
To do so:
- Right-click on the OneDrive icon on your taskbar
- Click exit
Run both Origin and Apex Legends in Administrative Mode
Windows may have some user limitations that may apply to the games you play. Hence, due to these limitations, Apex cannot run at its peak. Although this issue mostly happens on PCs used by multiple people, it does not hurt to do this step. As a precaution, if nothing else.
To run both programs on Administrative Mode allows the game to run without any major issues. Here are the steps to do so:
- Right-click on ‘Origin’
- A drop-down menu will open
- Choose ‘Run as Administrator
- A pop-up window may open up to ask for permission. Give permission
Using discord on the same device as Apex Legends may cause some issues. To avoid such things from happening, it is best if you optimize your Discord.
This step allows you to increase your FPS in not only Apex Legends but in all other games as well.
Even though this step may seem a bit random, many players use Discord to keep up with those they are playing games with. Additionally, some people have chats or use them to communicate effectively with their teammates.
To optimize your discord:
- Open Discord
- Navigate to the ‘User Settings’ page
- Click on ‘Appearance’
- Uncheck ‘Hardware acceleration
By following through with these steps, your Discord will free up some space on the RAM that Apex Legends can make full use of.
Optimize Google Chrome
Google Chrome also uses Hardware Acceleration to ensure that it works smoothly. By turning this feature off, many resources are freed. Chrome often needs these to fulfill some background applications and tasks.
To turn off Hardware acceleration:
- Open Google Chrome
- Go to the ‘Settings’ page
- Click on the ‘Advanced’ tab
- Scroll to the bottom
- There is an option for ‘Use Hardware Acceleration When Available.’
- Switch off this setting.
- Close Google Chrome
- Relaunch it again
These settings will help ensure that Apex Legends is getting all the resources it needs to run at its best.
Apps like Google Chrome, Discord, and others have these settings on. Although they are necessary, they can hinder the game and take up space that could have been used by the game.
Although these steps may seem insignificant altogether, they make a massive difference.
Clean Temporary Files
It is no secret that our computers are filled with unnecessary files that take up more space than necessary. You can use cleaners to clear out space, or you could do it manually as well.
If you want to do this task manually, then follow these steps:
- Press the Start Button
- Select %localappdata% and press Enter
- Open the ‘Temp’ folder
- Select all the files in this folder. (You can do this manually or by pressing CTRL+A.)
- Press the ‘delete’ key on your keyboard.
- This will move all your files to the recycle bin.
- Empty the recycle bin by selecting all the files and pressing the ‘delete’ key on your keyboard
- Skip the files that cannot be deleted
Remove Apex frame cap.
Most PCs often struggle with pushing their frame rates to Apex’s native frame rate. However, some PCs are capable of going way beyond that. The only thing that limits them is the FPS cap.
The game itself does not allow the players to fiddle with the FPS settings or choose a custom FPS. However, there is something you can do to ensure that the game can make use of what your PC has to offer.
Follow these steps below:
- Navigate to Origin
- Go to ‘My Game Library’
- Right-click’ Apex’
- Select ‘Game Properties’ from the drop-down menu.
- Go to ‘Advanced Launch Options’
- Type in “+fps_max unlimited”
- Click Save
This will allow Apex Legends to make full use of the specs of your PC. It does this in the form of increasing the FPS to the max.
Up to date graphic card drivers
Keeping your graphics card up to date can also be extremely useful.
An up-to-date graphics card means that your PC will be able to keep up with all the new updates and Apex patches. Often these updates have new skins, characters, and more. Additionally, developers are always trying to improve the game. Hence, they often make internal changes that change how the game uses your GPU.
If the changes are significant enough, you will notice your game starting to lag. The FPS drop might become more significant as well.
To play a game and not enjoy it is an atrocity which is why gamers are so hell-bent on ensuring that their games run as smoothly as possible. It is not fun, neither aesthetically nor competitively, when your game is lagging and in the midst of an extremely crucial moment stops because the PC cannot handle it.
Due to these reasons, you need to make some changes to both your computer and in the game itself. These changes will ensure that you are having the smoothest experience possible.
To experience the game at its fullest, to play 1080p apex legends, certain changes are necessary. We have listed these changes in the article above.
Although they may seem insignificant at first, all of these pro apex settings combined will allow you to see a massive change in both performance and overall FPS. You will be able to play Apex Legend in all its glory.
- Resident Evil Games in Order
- How Gamers Can Limit Their Computer’s Vulnerability to Viruses and Hackers
- What is anti-aliasing?
- Fire Emblem Heroes Tier List
- How to Make Fallout 3 Work on Windows 10
- Best Monster Hunter: World Mods
- How to Fix Nintendo Switch Dock not Working
- HyperX Cloud Revolver S Review
- Razer Basilisk Ultimate Review
- Logitech G930 Review