At present online streaming is highly on-trend as it doesn’t impose any time limitation on users, but it can also be frustrating, especially in case you are availing free of cost service. Because free streaming sites are open loaded with tons of pop-up ads or advertisements that can entirely disturb the streaming experience by frequent interruptions.
If you are a streaming enthusiastic, then for sure you would have been longing for an interrupt-free streaming experience; in this scenario, ad-blocking service works wonder. In this regard, some websites come with an integrated ad-blocking feature.
But if it is not so, you don’t need to worry as you can go for ad-blocking extensions in such a case. Given this scenario, we have opted for the Crunchyroll streaming platform for illustrative purposes in this article.
Crunchyroll is one of the best websites for streaming anime content online, and it is pretty popular across the globe. Being a leading anime streaming site, Crunchyroll has been offering its free & paid services for decades and is on higher rank in the online streaming world with 120 Million active users as of 2021.
The primary reason for its worldwide popularity is that it presents anime content legally and is available in multiple languages such as English, Spanish, Portuguese, French, German, Arabic, Italian, and Russian.
Despite all that stated, we can’t deny the fact that its free streaming service comes with annoying advertisements. Therefore, this entire discussion is intended to elaborate on how to block ads on Crunchyroll.
How to block ads on Crunchyroll?
If you are struggling with the Crunchyroll AdBlock not working issue, then you are definitely on the right spot as here we have illustrated a few highly working approaches in the below-stated discussion that can bring back the Crunchyroll adblocking service in a proper functioning state.
Update AdBlock extension & filter lists
Being a Crunchyroll user, you might be aware of the fact that it always attempts to circumvent the adblockers by using variant techniques. But using an updated adblocker extension would prove effective in coping with this sort of AdBlock bypassing technique.
AdBlock not working on Crunchyroll may also depict that the extension you have already installed on your device is either outdated or the outdated filter lists are creating this issue.
So, you actually need to update your AdBlock Crunchyroll extension and filter lists in such a case.
You can simply follow the below-stated steps to get out of this encountered issue.
- Launch your Chrome browser.
- Navigate to the action menu by clicking on the three-dotted icon in the top left corner.
- Select the option “More Tools” in the Action menu.
- Procced on by choosing the option “Extensions” in the sub-menu.
- In the Extensions webpage, enable the Developer Mode option located in the top right corner by clicking on it.
- Here click on the “Update” button to update all extensions.
- After this update, you need to relaunch the Chrome browser to check if the problem persists in adblocking.
In case Crunchyroll is still circumventing the ad blocker, then you can go for the update process of the filter lists. (Although the filter lists get updated automatically you also have the choice to update them manually).
To update the filter lists manually, what you need to do is:
- Access the official AdBlock website and simply follow the given instructions to update these filter lists.
- After updating filter lists, you can check the result of this fixing tactic again.
Change the Host files to circumvent the streaming ads.
Generally, the Crunchyroll streaming website uses the file static.vrv.co to display ads on its webpage. So, a minor amendment in the host file can resolve your issue instantly. To stop the ads by altering the host files, the following process will surely help you.
- In the first place, you need to exit the respective browser if it is opened.
- Press the window icon key and search for Notepad in the search bar.
- Right Click on the “Notepad” displayed in search results and click on the option “Run as Administrator.”
- In Notepad, click on the File tab and select the Open option.
- Here, in the Open dialog box, you need to alter the pre-chosen option “Text Documents” to the “All files” option.
- Now, navigate to the Host Files sub-directory located in the Drivers directory. (Or you can simply enter this path C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc in the address bar).
- Then you need to change the host files by inserting a new line at the end of #. (127.0.0.1 static.vrv.co needs to be added there.)
- Afterward, save and close this file.
- Now, you can relaunch your Chrome browser to notice the impact of implemented changes.
Use developer Tools
Although the adblocker extensions are specifically developed to block the ads that run on websites, if the adblocker extension doesn’t work for you, you can go for Developer Tools of Chrome browser. Using the Developer Tools, you can quickly get rid of annoying ads, as this will block all the URLs of the websites serving ads on Crunchyroll.
- Launch your Chrome browser to access the Crunchyroll website.
- Now, right-click anywhere on the Crunchyroll webpage and select the Inspect option.
- Use the shortcut key Ctrl+Shift+P to launch “Command Drawer.”
- Now you need to type “Show Request Blocking” and then proceed by pressing Enter.
- Here locate and check the “Enable Request Blocking” option.
- Now expand the “Enable Request Blocking” option by clicking on the + icon.
- Here type vrv.co and click on the Add button.
- Afterward, you can enjoy ad-free streaming on Crunchyroll but make sure the dev console is open during this period.
If still, you are encountering a similar issue in Crunchyroll streaming, then you can go for an alternate way, that is:
- Right-click on the Crunchyroll webpage as you did earlier and selected the Inspect option.
- Now, just click on the Network tab located at the top in this Dev Console.
- Click on the Media option to see all the ads running on the respective web page in the Network tab.
- In the Dev panel, select an ad and right-click on it.
- Then select the option Block Request Domain. (This process will add the particular website in the block list that was actually serving the Crunchyroll with ads)
Reinstallation of adblocker extensions
It is pretty evident that AdBlock for Crunchyroll often becomes problematic. Sometimes the extension update process doesn’t resolve the encountered issue, so reinstallation is the only choice you would have in such a case. In the following method, we have illustrated how to reinstall an AdBlock extension for the Chrome browser.
- At first, launch your Chrome browser.
- Navigate to the Action menu by clicking on the three-dotted icon in the top right corner.
- Proceed on by choosing the option “More Tools.”
- Select the option “Extensions” in the sub-menu.
- Then select the “AdBlock extension” and click on the “Remove” button.
- Now, you can install this extension again and then enable it.
- Afterward, hopefully, you won’t see any ads on your Crunchyroll webpage.
Use an alternate browser with a different extension.
AdBlock not working on Crunchyroll is a pretty common issue encountered by most of the users. Although we often associate it with adblocker extension malfunctioning and opt for extension update or reinstallation, this is not always the case.
Because sometimes, there might be a glitch in the browser you are using. So, in such a scenario, if you use any other browser to access Crunchyroll with a different extension, you’d get your issue resolved instantly. For this:
- You need to switch to another browser (either Firefox or Edge) in the first place.
- Then install an appropriate AdBlock extension for your browser.
The following is the list of a few highly effective AdBlock extensions for the Crunchyroll website.
- Stop All Ads
- Adblock Plus
- Unblock Origin
In case you choose the Opera browser to access Crunchyroll, then you would have the choice to use its built-in Adblocker. For this:
- Initially, you need to download & install the Opera browser.
- Then open the installed Opera browser and access its settings. (you can also use a shortcut key Alt+P to access Opera’s settings)
- Here enable the AdBlock feature located at the top of Opera settings.
- Now, you can access the Crunchyroll website in Opera to have an ad-free streaming experience.
Use a Guest Pass for ad-free streaming.
We all know that streaming websites don’t display ads upon subscribing to paid plans. But not everyone can afford to pay a subscription for an ad-free streaming experience. In such a case, the guest pass of Crunchyroll is worth using.
Actually, Crunchyroll provides a passcode to its premium members once a month that new users can use to avail all the premium features of Crunchyroll for a limited period, i.e., for 48 hours. Although a free user can get this opportunity only 10 times in a period of 6 months, it is still quite impressive.
So, to acquire a guest pass of Crunchyroll:
- You need to approach someone having paid membership with Crunchyroll.
- Ask for a guest pass; if he is willing to share the passcode, then you can instantly access the Crunchyroll premium version.
Switch to Crunchyroll paid version
Switching to a paid version of the Crunchyroll streaming platform is the last option you can opt for. All of the fixings stated earlier are pretty effective and proven, but still, nothing has worked in your case, so you can choose the premium Crunchyroll version if you can afford it. It will cost you about $7.99 per month (exclusive of taxes).
Crunchyroll is one of the best streaming websites that present anime content mainly. However, it is being widely used worldwide because it offers an extensive range of content in the anime genre. But being a free site, it displays a vast number of annoying ads that badly interrupt the streaming experience.
This sort of streaming interruption urges the Crunchyroll users to find an effective & appropriate Adblocker so that they can smoothly stream their favorite content on Crunchyroll. In this regard, we analyze the whole scenario and put forward the best-fixing methods that can stop ads from displaying on the Crunchyroll webpage.
For instance, you can opt for the update or reinstallation of the Adblocking extension because a faulty adblocking extension can often be the primary cause of this issue.
- Top 13 Zooqle Alternatives
- 15 Best LetMeWatchThis Alternatives
- 18 Best Afdah Alternatives
- 6 Best 123Movies Alternatives
- 6 Best Putlocker Alternatives
- 15 Best Shark Movies on Netflix
- 23 Best LosMovies Alternatives
- How To Watch The Marvel Movies In Order
- 18 Best FMovies Alternatives
- 6 Best 123Movies Alternatives
- 19 Best Torrent Sites For Safe Torrenting