Being a Logitech community, we all agree to the point that the Logitech Download Assistant is a useful piece of software that automatically finds and updates other respective programs installed on your system.
Logitech Download Assistant does a great job, but sometimes, it causes trouble while conflicting with other similar software and eating up computing power, especially if your machine is old.
This software inefficiency can also slow down system booting because, by default, the software executes the operating system at the start and starts sending annoying notifications.
Considering all this, especially in worst cases, either you want to remove Logitech Download Assistant Startup software from your system or disable it to prevent it from affecting other software and the computer’s performance.
Worry not; uninstalling and disabling this software will not change/affect anything for any of your Logitech devices, as this is just a utility that keeps the peripherals updated.
What Is The Logitech Download Assistant, And Is It important?
As a brand, Logitech aims to provide its users with a trouble-free and easy experience of using their peripherals. Hence, they include different software designed to make life easier for users. The Download Assistant is one such software.
It is actually a helpful software that has one purpose – to identify, download and then update all Logitech programs that are installed on a computer. It takes the effort of keeping Logitech software updated off the shoulders of the users and plays a part in ensuring that the users enjoy the optimal user experience when using Logitech accessories, such as headphones and keyboards.
To be concise, the Logitech Download Assistant is a helpful tool, but it is not a necessity.
Can I Turn Off The Logitech Download Assistant At Startup?
Yes, if you find that the software is more annoying than helpful when it pops up at startup, you can turn it off with just a few simple steps. Since it isn’t necessary to have the Download Assistant running as soon as the system loads up, you can switch it off. But remember! You will have to keep up with Logitech Programs updates yourself to avoid any performance issues with your peripherals.
What Causes the Logitech Download Assistant Pop-up, especially at Startup?
To settle this rising annoyance, I have investigated a lot, looking at many user reports, repair strategies, commonly-practiced workarounds, etc.
But before, let’s look at some reasons why notification windows appear from time to time:
- New updates – This issue occurs if there are new updates available for your respective Logitech device – for short, simply disable the startup option for Logitech Download Assistant, or you can also delete it in the system directory.
- Related software suggestions – Sometimes, the LDA window will pop up for suggesting yet optional Logitech software for the system.
Let’s quickly find out some easier workarounds to disable Logitech download assistant startup.
How to Disable Logitech Download Assistant Startup?
To make your Logitech work as efficiently as possible, I would request you to spare a minute and read this guide to address and resolve the issue you’re facing quickly.
1. Uninstall Logitech Download Assistant (Windows 10/8/7)
Needless to say that the Logitech Download Assistant is a useful and convenient tool, but as I said, it’s by no means a necessary application – you can take care of the updates and shortcomings yourself too.
So, it’s OK to disable the Logitech Download Assistant from your drive or, instead, remove it from the disc; stress not, it won’t affect or make your Logitech hardware stop working.
To remove the Logitech Download Assistant;
- Open Control Panel
- Navigate to the Programs and Features or click Uninstall a Program.
- A new interface will open, find an item called Logitech Download Assistant, you can search this too.
- When found, right-click it and select Uninstall from the menu.
- To apply the changes to your system, restart it; don’t forget to cross-check the uninstallation of the software in the Control Panel.
2. Disable Logitech Download Assistant in Startup
This is the simplest method to prevent the Assistant from opening at every system startup using the Task Manager.
- Hold the Windows Key and then, Press R to open Run
- Now type “taskmgr” in the text box and OK – the Task Manager will open.
- Here, select the Startup tab → “Logitech Download Assistant“ → Disable.
- Finally, reboot and check if the LDA still pops up at startup or not.
3. Remove LDA manually (Windows)
Not working the above methods?
Now, try to remove the file – whose job is to start Logitech Download Assistant – manually.
- To do this, hit the Windows logo + E key combination – a File Explorer window will appear.
- Now, click on the area, saying Quick access.
- Here, type C: → hit Enter – don’t forget the colon – this will take you to the system partition of your hard drive.
- Find and open the Windows folder and look for System32 inside.
- Once there, select LogiDLA.dll → right-click and and Delete it – this will move the file to the Recycle Bin. Restart the computer and see the difference.
Last, not least, ask for outsider’s help!
4. Remove Logitech Download Assistant Using Third-Party Application (Windows 10/8/7)
Yes, it is possible to use third-party software to get rid of the Logitech Download Assistant.
Like the CCleaner Professional, there are a couple of solutions available, boasting multiple functionalities, including disabling, removing the software – often in a single shot.
No matter what method you’re using to disable your Logitech download assistant startup, don’t forget the final yet important step – restart your system to bring the changes into effect.
Good luck with your Logitech, I hope you find this guide helpful, I am sure you will soon be having no more notification annoyance.
- How to Fix Nintendo Switch Dock not Working
- How To Fix Script Hook V Critical Error in Grand Theft Auto V
- How to Resolve Call of Duty Dev Error 6065
- HyperX Cloud Revolver S Review
- Alienware Aurora R5 Review
- Razer Basilisk Ultimate Review
- Logitech G930 Review
- How to Fix ERR_CONNECTION_RESET Error
- How To Fix The Audio Service Is Not Running
- How To Fix Shadowplay Not Recording
- How to Fix Pending Transaction Steam Error?
- How To Fix “Twitch Black Screen” Error